Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Final Ideation for Protest Project



I considered doing a drawing of the scene from the day at the middle school, but I found the actual origami objects to be much more meaningful. I have decided to photograph a lily made of a newspaper article about walkouts. This lily will represent the teacher. I will paint over the photograph the quote in which the teacher announced: "Today is a bad day for teachers." I will photograph a small, pure, and white lily to represent the student. I will paint, "What do you mean? It's a great day!" over the top of the photograph. These two pieces will create a diptych. The two lilies will appear as if they are interacting with one another through dialogue and the way in which they will be positioned in the photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment