Sunday, April 17, 2011

Final Protest Project





I have printed an image of each lily and painted quotes on top. I am not sure if it has translated well. During critique, some classmates were saying that poster size images of these would be more appropriate (as they are only 9"x 6" now). I preferred that the conversation of these two pieces stay small and intimate, since the conversation actually happened in small-town classroom. Some classmates were saying that they liked the origami in its 3-D form. I think I have come to agree with this. I wanted to achieve some permanence and stability to the work, which is why I chose to photograph the origami in the first place. Then I realized that this is not necessary in its presentation. It actually makes the conversation seem more realistic by having the origami pieces exist as objects, as they would in the actual classroom. If put in a gallery, I would display the origami pieces on a pedestal, facing each other as if they were conversing. The titles would be the quotes, which would be an adequate amount of information to get the point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment