Thursday, July 14, 2011

Grandma's Garden

These are photos taken at my grandma and grandpa's cabin on Pleasant Lake in Annandale, MN. I have always been intrigued by the things that my grandma manages to... lets call it collect. In my past artistic endeavors, I have reflected on unnecessary objects humanity makes/keeps that resemble already abundant, living creatures in the great outdoors. It is amazing how crowded my grandma's garden is with these objects rather than flowers. Call it what you want - cute or tacky. I have actually found these objects to be quirky and interesting when given a new life in photography and art. I am for some reason drawn to the comparison between real and fake and its purpose in humanity. So, anyway, here is my little exploration...






















No comments:

Post a Comment