Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Clay Assignment


With the first additions to the mannequins we were assigned, I definitely have a better understanding of the human form and what makes it work. By understanding where certain muscles are located along the spinal column, it is easier to see how and why we move the way we do. I will be able to relate what I have learned through the clay forms to drawing models in class. Through my own experience with forming these muscles, I have a better understanding of the four curves in the spinal column (cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and sacral) and where the muscles should attach. I have a feeling that in my drawings to come, the figures will be a lot more proportionate and a lot less distorted.

At the same time, I feel like I might be jumping to conclusions on assuming that I have an understanding of all this. I am wondering if my clay forms are even correct. Hopefully I can understand my mistakes when I attend class and get it right for the next assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment